If you use Multi Factor Authentication in an Office 365 environment then you will need to use App Passwords for some applications that don’t support Multi Factor Authentication like Outlook, or other email clients on mobile devices.
If you’ve forgotton your App Password or need to delete or create a new one, here is where to find them and how to create a new one.
The easiest and quickest way is to go to the following link:
This will take you directly to the page in the following instructions.
1. Sign into Office 365.
2. Click your name in the top right hand corner.
3. Click My Account.
4. On the left hand menu, click Security & Permissions.
5. Click Additional security verification.
6. Click Update your phone numbers used for account security.
7. Click App Passwords at the top of the screen (it looks like part of the title).
If you have forgotton your app password then your only option is to delete it and recreate it. You get shown the password once on creation and that is it!
To create a new App Password
- Click Create, then enter the name of the app and click Next.
- This is the only time you’ll be shown the password.